Outbound Emails Restrictions Are Tightening
The landscape of outbound sales is undergoing a pivotal transformation as we approach 2024. The changes in email regulations by giants like Gmail and Yahoo are steering us towards a significant shift in sales strategy. This evolution presents an exciting opportunity for Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) and aspirants in tech sales: the resurgence of Outbound Cold Calling, augmented by the emerging role of fractional SDRs on platforms like Glencoco.com.
The New Email Regulations and Their Impact
The upcoming regulations by Gmail and Yahoo, focusing on enhanced authentication, simplified un-subscription, and stricter spam thresholds, are set to revolutionize the way bulk emails are sent and received. As email becomes a more regulated space, the efficacy of email as a primary tool for outbound sales is likely to diminish.
In 2024, Gmail and Yahoo will enforce new standards that significantly impact the viability of outbound emailing for Revenue Operations (RevOps) teams. These standards include:
- Email Authentication: Gmail and Yahoo will require email senders to authenticate their emails using standard protocols like SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. This requirement is a response to findings that around 40% of senders are not properly implementing these authentication methods.
- Single-Click Unsubscribe: Both platforms will mandate a single-click unsubscribe feature in emails, shifting the focus to user consent and ease of opting out.
- Strict Spam Rate Thresholds: The precise thresholds haven't been defined, but there will be a lower limit for acceptable spam rates.
These changes primarily affect bulk senders, defined as those sending over 5000 messages a day to Gmail addresses. The enforcement of these standards will require RevOps teams to invest more resources into compliance and email system management, potentially reducing the efficiency of email as an outreach tool.
Will the Outbound Email Juice Be Worth The Squeeze?
Even with the existing, looser restrictions on email outreach, the effectiveness of cold emailing is not particularly strong. A comprehensive study of 12 million outreach emails revealed that:
- Low Response Rates: Only 8.5% of outreach emails receive a response, indicating a vast majority are ignored or deleted.
- Follow-up Efficiency: Sending follow-up messages can significantly improve response rates. Just one additional follow-up can boost replies by 65.8%, and multiple follow-ups have been shown to double response rates.
- Multiple Contacts: Emails sent to several contacts at the same organization have a 93% higher response rate than those sent to a single person.
These findings highlight the need for volume by way of mailing list size, number of emails to a single person and the fact that even to get a response from one company you need multiple cold emails sent to stakeholders in the same organization to see an increase in response rates. With the impending stricter send limit regulations from Gmail and Yahoo, which demand more rigorous authentication and lower spam thresholds, the hurdles for RevOps teams in executing effective email campaigns will increase exponentially. The combination of already low response rates and the need for heightened compliance could further diminish the viability of outbound emailing as a primary outreach strategy.
Emailing will still be vital for inbound nurturing and will be used as such by the organizations because the yield of inbound nurturing email drips far far outweighs that of outbound emails.
Fractional SDRs: The New Vanguard of Outbound Sales Jobs
So the question arises, what communication methods are RevOps teams going to rely on to build and scale their Outbound efforts?
In this new era, where emails not only risk getting lost in crowded inboxes but also soon will not be able to be sent at the volume it currently is, cold calling will emerge as a powerful tool for direct and personalized interaction.
Cold calling allows for real-time assessment of client interest, instant responses to queries, and tailoring conversations to specific client needs. This direct approach, free from the constraints of email filters and spam folders, offers a fresh and effective path for outbound sales.
Fractional SDRs, operating on a part-time or contract basis, are becoming increasingly indispensable in the outbound sales strategy. These professionals offer flexibility, specialized skills, and cost-effectiveness, making them valuable assets for businesses aiming to scale rapidly. In today's gig economy, where adaptability and specialization are key, the role of fractional SDRs is more relevant than ever.
Glencoco.com: A Platform for Fractional SDR Jobs
Glencoco.com offers an innovative platform tailored for fractional SDRs, providing them with advanced tools and features to enhance the cold calling experience. The platform includes:
- CRM Lead View: This feature allows SDRs to manage prospect information effectively, adding and saving leads from campaigns into their call backlog for seamless communication with Account Executives (AEs).
- Automated Dialer: The Automated Dialer supports power dialing and targeted dialing for select leads, optimizing the efficiency of outbound cold calling activities.
- Scheduler and Meeting Tracking: Integrated with Calendly, this feature ensures seamless meeting scheduling and fair distribution among AEs, enhancing coordination in the outbound sales cycle.
- Instant Payouts and Leaderboards: Fractional SDRs are incentivized with instant payouts for qualified meetings, fostering a competitive environment that rewards consistent outbound sales efforts.
For SDRs and those looking to break into tech sales, embracing the role of a fractional SDR can be a strategic move. The flexibility and variety offered by platforms like Glencoco.com not only hone your sales skills but also provide a unique opportunity to work with diverse clients and campaigns, broadening your experience and expertise in the field.
The Renaissance of Outbound Cold Calling
The tightening of email regulations signals a pivotal shift towards more traditional, yet persistently effective, methods of sales outreach like Outbound Cold Calling. The stats of cold calling speak for themselves and the impact of fractional SDRs, empowered by platforms like Glencoco, is becoming integral in driving the outbound sales goals for many companies. For SDRs and aspirants in tech sales, this is an opportune moment to adapt, embrace new roles, and harness the power of direct communication to make a significant impact in the outbound sales world.
As we delve deeper into the implications of the upcoming email restrictions by Gmail and Yahoo, it's essential to understand why Revenue Operations (Rev-Ops) teams are increasingly turning towards Outbound Cold Calling. The necessity to build a robust outbound pipeline remains a constant, and with email becoming a more challenging avenue, the focus is shifting. This shift is not just about adopting new strategies but also about rethinking the operational model of sales teams, making platforms like Glencoco.com a go-to solution.
- Need for a Reliable Pipeline: Rev-Ops teams are responsible for ensuring a steady flow of leads. With email deliverability becoming uncertain, cold calling stands out as a more reliable method to maintain this pipeline.
- Direct and Personal Engagement: Outbound Cold Calling allows for immediate interaction and personal connection, which can be crucial in understanding and meeting the needs of potential clients.
- Immediate Feedback and Adaptability: Phone conversations provide instant feedback, enabling sales teams to quickly adapt their strategies, a luxury that emails do not offer.
- Compliance with Regulations: Unlike emails, which are increasingly subject to stringent regulations, cold calling, when done correctly, faces fewer regulatory hurdles.
Why Rev-Ops Teams Prefer Platforms Like Glencoco.com
- Reduced Risk and Increased Flexibility: Hiring in-house SDRs for cold calling campaigns involves significant investment and risk. Platforms like Glencoco.com offer a more flexible and less risky alternative, allowing Rev-Ops teams to scale their efforts up or down based on real-time needs.
- Access to Skilled and Trained Talent: Glencoco.com provides access to a pool of trained and experienced fractional SDRs. This eliminates the time and resources needed for training and onboarding new in-house staff.
- Cost-Effective Solution: With fractional SDRs, companies only pay for the service they need, when they need it. This model is more cost-effective compared to maintaining a full-time, in-house team.
- Diverse Experience and Expertise: Fractional SDRs on platforms like Glencoco.com bring diverse experiences from working across various industries and campaigns. This diversity enriches the quality of outreach and can lead to more innovative approaches.
- Consistent Addition of New Campaigns: Glencoco.com is continually adding new cold calling campaigns, offering a wide array of opportunities for fractional SDRs. This constant influx of new campaigns ensures that Rev-Ops teams have access to fresh and varied approaches for their outbound strategies.
- Success Stories and Case Studies: Glencoco.com's blog features numerous case studies highlighting the success of their approach. These real-world examples provide insights into the effectiveness of using a platform like Glencoco for outbound sales efforts.
Case Studies: Demonstrating the Impact
Glencoco.com’s blog is replete with case studies showcasing the success of their fractional SDR model. These case studies are not just success stories; they are testaments to the strategic advantage that Glencoco.com offers. For instance, Glencoco’s case study with Docjuris. It demonstrates how an AI legal tech startup leveraged Glencoco to entirely replace its inhouse SDR team with Glencoco’s fractional SDRs and generate over 725k in pipeline in just 6 months.
These case studies underscore the flexibility, scalability, and effectiveness of Glencoco.com’s model, making it an attractive option for Rev-Ops teams looking to optimize their outbound sales strategies and as an avenue for SDRs to quickly deliver value and get compensated immediately.
The Growing Trend and Opportunities in Outbound Sales Jobs
The shift in outbound sales dynamics is not just a challenge; it’s a burgeoning opportunity for those in the sales field. As companies increasingly adopt platforms like Glencoco.com for their outbound efforts, the demand for skilled fractional SDRs is set to rise. This trend presents a unique opportunity for sales professionals to capitalize on the growing demand for outbound cold calling expertise.
Platforms like Glencoco.com are at the forefront of this change, offering a steady stream of opportunities for fractional SDRs. With the addition of 2-3 new b2b campaigns each week, offering between $200-$1000 per qualified meeting, the platform ensures that SDRs have steady access to diverse and challenging projects that will reward them for their success accordingly.
The Future of Outbound Sales Jobs
The future of outbound sales jobs looks promising, especially for those who adapt to the evolving landscape. With email facing more restrictions, the skills and expertise required for effective cold calling are set to become more valuable. Platforms like Glencoco.com are paving the way for this new era of outbound sales, offering a more dynamic, flexible, and fruitful career path for SDRs.
As Rev-Ops teams increasingly rely on fractional SDR services for their outbound strategies, the role of platforms like Glencoco becomes integral to the sales ecosystem and will create an abundance of tech sales jobs.
Get started as a Fractional SDR by signing up on Glencoco.com today!
Discover Deeper Insights on Our Blog:
- Why Outbound Sales Calling Remains a Cornerstone for High Ticket B2B Sales
- Mastering Cold Calling: Catch the Expertise of these Outbound Sales Training Leaders!
- From Clicks to Closings: Remote Outbound Sales Mastery Unleashed
- Optimizing Outbound Sales Cold Calling Success in 2024: Techniques and Strategies
- Diversifying Customer Footprint Beyond the Tech Startup Ecosystem for FinTechs